Litro Gas, which is under the Ministry of Finance, announced today that it has successfully procured 100,000MT of LP Gas.
The total consignment costs is $90 million. The World Bank has provided funding of $70 million, while the remaining $20 million has been provided by Litro.
This consignment will be enough to supply the country for four months. 70% of the consignment will be provided to domestic consumers. An estimated 5 million 12.5kg cylinders, 1 million 5kg cylinders and 1 million 2.5kg cylinders will be obtained from this. The remaining 30% will be provided for commercial use.
An initial consignment of 33,000 tons of LPG procured by Litro at a cost of $20 million will reach Sri Lanka by the first week of July and distribution will commence immediately.