Litro Gas has increased the maximum retail price of a 12.5 kg domestic cooking gas cylinder by Rs. 50/-to Rs. 4,910/-.
Litro said that the distribution of domestic cooking gas cylinders will commence from Monday (11) for Colombo and suburbs, and for other areas the distribution will commence on 13th July 2022.
Litro said that the Electricity Bill for May 2022 must be produced at time of purchase to prevent unnecessary hoarding.
It added that the distribution of domestic cooking gas cylinders from the shipment of 3,700 MT of LP Gas that reached Sri Lanka today, will commence at noon on Monday (11).
Litro Chairman Muditha Peiris told News 1st that 70% of the gas shipment will be distributed to Colombo and suburbs.
He said that another shipment of 3,700 MT of LP Gas will reach Sri Lanka tonight (11).
The Litro Chairman said that 30% of that shipment will be for the Colombo District, and the other 70% will be for all other districts.